How do you setup a dedicated server in 7 Days to Die?
Look no further! Here’s a simple guide for how to get it installed, and configured ready to play! The install is easy through steam UI, and setup and configuration is as simple as editing a text file.
Here are the steps:
- Open steam!
- Access the tools to display the 7DTD dedicated server.
- Hit install!
- Wait.. wait…
- Change folder location? Why on earth?
- Access serveradmin.xml and configure!
- Run the game through startdedicated.bat
- Telnet to connect!
- Verify and shutdown!
- Tips on how to error check and verify the downloaded files!
Ports to forward on firewall for external access: TCP: 26900, UDP: 26900-26902. Check your router manual for instructions.
Running a dedicated server in 7 Days to Die makes multiplayer sessions smoother, performance increases, and any game client crashes will not cause the server to crash (unless it’s on the same PC and the PC crashes of course!).
Good luck survivor!